Hola hola hola!
Friday marked the end of my second week in Barcelona, and my goodness has it been an incredible, beautiful, exhausting time. We are up and walking all day and then dancing all night. You can check my fitbit, when I wake up in the morning I’ve already reached my 10,000 steps. No lies.
Since our program got us here a while before classes, we’ve had plenty of time to explore and learn about Barcelona. I can’t really summarize all of the amazing tourist sites I’ve seen or the delicious food I’ve eaten, but I’ll succinctly give you the highlights in bullet form:
- Patatas Bravas, Tortilla Española, and pan tomate are my lifeblood.
- Wine is cheaper than water.
- It’s so beautiful and I keep tearing up because I’ll be looking at some old building and remember that I’m here in Barcelona living my lifelong dream!
- The streets are super clean! And they do a great job recycling and composting. A+
- I could walk for hours and hours in Ciutat Vella (which is the oldest part of Barcelona with all the windy streets that you’ve probably seen pictures of).
- Did I mention how much I love the food?
- Gaudí was a genius!
- The city is as busy in the middle of the day as it is in the middle of the night.
- So many cute dogs!
- The weather is PERFECT.
- Catalan is not easy to pick up.
Though the lifestyle is extremely different from anything I’ve ever experienced, it hasn’t been too hard to catch on to siestas or eating 5 times a day. Since day 1 we have been running around nonstop and I can’t get enough. I am stoked beyond belief to see what the next 3 months have to offer!
Here’s a random selection of some of the pictures I have on my computer: